Health and safety is a priority we hold above all others and we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace.
Century’s health and safety programs will include training, recognition for achievement and regular two-way information flow to ensure continuous performance improvement.
Key Aspects of our Health and Safety Policy:
- Services provided to us, by contractors, must comply with the same high standards of health and safety as the Company;
- Century will provide facilities, equipment, tools, procedures and safety training so employees can work in a healthy manner and be injury free;
- Employees in leadership roles will be responsible to support the Company’s Safety Program by guiding and instructing employees in use safe working practices as well as compliance with workplace rules; and
- The Company will comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the health and safety of its employees and contractors.
- Provide adequate resources for health, safety, and environmental programs;
- Focus on continuous improvement of effectiveness of health and safety;
- Comply with all appropriate legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice;
- Establish and implement a Health and Safety Management system and generate a positive culture about health and safety as well as environmental responsibility;
- Manage risk by hazard identification, elimination and monitoring;
- Ensure employees and contractors are instructed and trained to perform their duties safely;
- Use positive reinforcement and involve employees and contractors in the development of health and safety procedures; and
- Co-operate with government and local communities on health, safety and environmental issues so as to develop a positive contribution to best practice and to maximize performance.