Our objective is to maximize shareholder value by developing our significant iron ore holdings in Canada, leveraging opportunities to invest in non-ferrous mining and countercyclical business to create cash and profits for the Company and to preserve value of our iron ore assets from dilution during the iron ore bottom cycle.
The Company owns some of the largest iron ore deposits in Canada. Our 100% owned flagship Joyce Lake DSO Project is being rapidly advanced towards a production decision. As part of the project financing approach Century plans to spin-out the Joyce Lake Project as an independently publically traded company.
We have also completed preliminary economic assessments for both our multi-billion-tonne Full Moon Project and our Duncan Lake Project, as well as a resource estimate for our Black Bird DSO and Hayot Lake Deposits.
Iron ore demand continues to play a key role in China’s economic growth and we believe iron ore demand growth will continue into the future, especially as China’s ” Belt and Road Initiative” is developed. The demand momentum and the demonstrated new metals price super-cycle now under way and led by iron ore, opens the potential for self-funding of our projects.
Century’s Strategic Advantages
- Strong balance sheet with liquid working capital
- 100% owned major iron ore deposits in Canada
- Rapidly advancing Joyce Lake towards production decision
- 28.2% equity ownership by Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Baowu and Minmetals
- Capital market and M&A expertise with a proven track record of raising funds
- Contact networks within China