Century is committed to a high level of accountability for environmental stewardship through all aspects of exploration and project development by meeting or exceeding legislative requirements.
Our environmental goals are to:
- Measure performance against continually improving environmental targets;
- Minimize adverse environmental impacts whenever possible;
- Monitor and report environmental incidents, as appropriate;
- Comply with legislation, regulation, standards and codes of practice;
- Involve regulators and local communities; and
- Progressively rehabilitate during and after completion of operations.
To achieve these goals we will:
- Implement business practices to monitor and control environmental aspects of our work;
- Seek ways to minimize adverse impacts on the environment;
- Educate and train employees, contractors and suppliers to ensure they comply with our environmental goals and performance requirements;
- Assign monitors to evaluate compliance and performance;
- Whenever possible apply remediation to return disturbed areas to their pre-disturbance status;
- Require guidelines from contractors and suppliers detailing their procedures to reduce usage, recycle materials, comply with regulations and also with our standards;
- Consult with local communities and other stakeholders to verify our performance;
- Provide financial provisions as required to rehabilitate project disturbances; and
- Develop remedial actions to respond to an incident and develop plans to avoid reoccurrence.