Century has interests in key iron exploration properties in Quebec and Newfoundland and Labrador, including:
- The Joyce Lake DSO Project is the Company’s flagship project and is 100% owned by Joyce Direct Iron Inc. a 91.6% owned subsidiary of Century. The project has completed a feasibility study update in December, 2022 and is continuing environmental assessment federally and provincially;
- The Blackbird DSO Project completed an NI-43-101 mineral resource estimate in April, 2015;
- The Hayot Lake Taconite Project completed an NI-43-101 mineral resource estimate in November, 2012 and hosts a 1.7 billion tonnes in the inferred category, of taconite resource;
- The Full Moon Taconite Project completed a preliminary economic assessment in April, 2015 and hosts 7.3 billion tonnes of measured & indicated resources; and
- The Duncan Lake Magnetite Project completed a preliminary economic assessment in May, 2013 and hosts 1.1 billion tonnes of measured & indicated resources.
Prior technical reports, including Mineral Resource Estimates, Preliminary Economic Assessments and Feasibility study can be found on SEDAR.
Century controls some of the largest iron ore resources in Canada, including 8.3 billion tonnes of measured & indicated resources together with 11 billion tonnes of inferred resources. Learn more.
|Mineral Resources Estimate|
|Joyce Lake||Black Bird||Hayot Lake||Full Moon||Duncan Lake||Total|
|Measured & Indicated1,2||24.0 Mt3||1.6 Mt||—||7.3 Bt||1.1 Bt||8.3 Bt|
|Inferred1,2||0.8 Mt||8.6 Mt||1.7 Bt||8.7 Bt||0.6 Bt||11.0 Bt|
Caution and Disclaimer to Readers
The following cautions apply to all pages shown on this website. For more complete information, the reader is requested to access our Legal page.
Important Caution regarding the Feasibility Study
The results of the feasibility study completed on the Company’s project are forward-looking information that are subject to a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those presented here and in the study. The results of the economic analysis in the study are forward-looking information that is subject to a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those presented here and in the study.
Important Caution regarding Preliminary Economic Assessments
The Preliminary Economic Assessments completed on the Company’s projects are preliminary in nature. They incorporate inferred mineral resources that are considered too geologically speculative to have the economic considerations applied to them that would enable them to be categorized as mineral reserves. These should not be considered prefeasibility or feasibility studies. In addition, mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability. The results in these reports are forward-looking information that are subject to a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those presented here and in those studies.
Important Caution regarding Mineral Resources
Mineral resources are not mineral reserves and do not have a demonstrated economic viability. The mineral resource estimates discussed may be affected by subsequent assessments of mining, environmental, processing, permitting, taxation, socio-economic, legal, political and other factors. There is insufficient information available to assess the extent to which the potential development of the mineral resources described may be affected.