We believe in developing an open and respectful relationship with local communities and stakeholders where we work. We plan to continue to build a mutual trust and respect as our activities and projects progress through exploration, evaluation, construction and production.
- Respect First Nations traditions, their land and their environment;
- Engaging in open communication;
- Involvement with environmental compliance and health and safety performance; and
- Creating employment and business opportunities.
- Respect First Nations and their lands by continuing to positively inform and listen to communities and First Nations members in the areas where we have worked for many years, through regular two-way information meetings, by First Nations employment and by supporting communities social development;
- Engage regularly both informally and formally to communicate about potential activities that may impact local communities and their residents;
- Involve local communities in our environmental and health and safety performance including site visits, and review of compliance procedures; and
- Create employment for local community members, based on the success we have achieved to date with in excess of 50% of the jobs we have created filled by First Nations employees. Create business relationships with local businesses and form mutual beneficial partnerships to make a lasting and positive contribution to the community.