Century is committed to accountability for environmental stewardship by meeting or exceeding legislative requirements.
Our goals include:
- Measuring performance against continually improving environmental targets;
- Minimizing adverse environmental impacts;
- Reporting significant environmental incidents;
- Complying with legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice;
- Involving regulators and local communities; and
- Rehabilitation during operations and after project closure.
- Implement monitoring and control of environmental aspects;
- Minimize adverse environmental impacts;
- Educate employees, contractors and suppliers to ensure alignment with our environmental goals;
- Monitor compliance and performance;
- Remediate disturbed areas;
- Require guidelines from contractors and suppliers to reduce usage, recycle materials and to ensure compliance with both regulations and our standards;
- Consult with local communities and other stakeholders to verify our performance;
- Provide financial security as required to rehabilitate project disturbances; and
- Develop actions to respond to an incident and plans to avoid reoccurrence.